A Step-by-Step Guide to the Easy IRA LLC Process
Setting up an IRA LLC is EASY. You can choose between a Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, SEP IRA or Simple IRA. If you’re unsure which is best for you, please read about the different types of Individual Retirement Accounts before opening an account.
- You complete our online application. You provide us with a little information, including a copy of a Government issued ID.
- We open a self-directed IRA for you at M2 Trust Services.
- We help you transfer or roll-over funds to M2 Trust from your previous retirement account. Your IRA can also be started with an initial contribution. You simply sign our form, include a copy of a statment from your current Custodian and we do the rest.
- We form your IRA LLC. Upon receipt of your naming preference, we prepare the operating agreement and form the limited liability company in Colorado*. We also obtain a tax identification number (EIN) for the LLC so a business checking account can be established. We email you the LLC operating agreement for your electronic signature.
- We open a bank account for your IRA LLC. We complete the paperwork necessary to open a business checking account for your IRA LLC at one of our partner banks. As the manager of the IRA LLC, you sign the bank account documents. The signing process is done electronically and requires no printing, copying, scanning or mailing.
- Custodian sends funds to the IRA LLC bank account. M2 Trust sends the amount you indicate from your self-directed IRA to your IRA LLC bank account. Your IRA funds are being used to purchase 100% interest in the LLC as an alternative investment. It is the only investment held directly by your self-directed IRA.
- You can start investing with checkbook control. You now have an IRA LLC with a funded bank account. Since you are the manager of the LLC, you can start investing and write a check from your IRA LLC bank account.
Ready to Get Started?
Take no more than 10 minutes to fill out a simple form and we'll do the rest!